Gajendra Rathi is an Indian Film, TV / Theatre Actor, Anchor, Director and Producer. Gajendra grew up in Delhi and went to Delhi University where he received his Master’s in Psychology. As an anchor he is best known for hosting DD National’s Krishi Darshan program for past many years. In a career spanning over 25 years; he has worked in a variety of areas such as Theatre, TV, Films, Psychology, Anchoring and Dubbing. He has won many awards over the years and appreciated by audience. Furthermore, he is perhaps most well-known for his efforts to raise awareness ranging from corruption, pollution to all other relevant societal issues through his Nukkad Natak’s in Delhi (India). He also has acted in a number of Bollywood movies and currently working with well-known Indian directors.
Apart from theatre plays over the past two decades he has acted in India’s popular TV shows and movies as well. Rathi made his acting debut in the TV serial Bhanwar for Sony TV in 1992 followed by Edipus for DD national (1992), BolBasanto, Baat Bapu ki (1995), Gadar ki Goonj for DD National (1995) ,India’s Most Wanted for ZEE TV (2000) and Kyunki Jeena isi ka Naam Hai for DD National (2012).
Currently he has been working for Zindagi.com and krishi Darshan for DD National.
Famous for his theatre acts and dialogue delivery Gajendra made his appearance in many hit films such as Lucky oh Lucky and recently worked for Dil Patang as Police inspector. Prior to 1996 Gajendra did a number of Nukkad Nataks in Delhi with the association of Delhi government on issues such as corruption, health, women empowerment and education. Some of his recent works has been Gumrah season 4 episode (August 31, 2014) on Channel V :http://www.startv.in/
- Master’s (Psychology)- University of Delhi (1989)
COURSES IN ACTING
- Acting course (training)- Sambhav Art Group, Delhi (1987)
- Trained in acting by renowned N.S.D. Directors- Dr. Ankur, Shri Badal Sarkar (Physical theatre and improvisational workshop), Shri Ballabh Vyas (Voice and Speech), Shri Robin Dass, Shri Bhanu Bharti, Shri Mahesh Vashishth and Sanjay Upadhyay (Acting)
- Over the past few months he’s been working as teaching Faculty at NDFA: http://newdelhi.olx.in/ndfa-
- Feature Film- NH10 by Navdeep.
- Serial- Zindagi Dot Com by Umesh Bisht.
- Anchoring Krishi Darshan (daily program) for DD National from 2005 onwards
- Serial-Ek tha Rusti by Shubhdarshini Singh
- Gumrah season 4 episode (August 31, 2014) on Channel V :http://www.startv.in/
- Movie ‘Bricks of Remorse’ directed by Deepak (2014)
Worked as a Dubbing Director with Sanchar Bharti (2005-2008).
WRITING AND TRANSLATION
Translated various books from English to Hindi.
The following books pertain to the publication by National Book Trust of India:-
- The Brahmaputra by Arup Kumar dutta. (2008)
- Bakht Khan by Iqbal Hussain(2005)
- Muhammad Ali Khan by K.C. Yadav(2007)
- MeriAatmakatha by Sharmishtha (2013)
- Ramu and Robot (2012)
- Jammu and Kashmir (2012)
The following books pertain to the publication by Penguin Group (India):-
- The Great Railway Bazaar by Paul Theroux (2009)
- Freakonomics by Steven D,Levitt and Stephen J.Dubner (2010)
- Liberty or Death by Patrick French (2011)
Following are the plays, documentaries, projects etc:-
- Emperor of the Sea – Korean Serial (153 Episodes).
- Short Plays on different subjects.
- Narration for Maqbool Nagme.
- ‘I wish, I wished, I never wished’ – Stage Play.
- Traditional Pottery of Manipur.
- Have written over 25 stage plays and skits.
- Translated over 20 N.G.C. Programs for UTV.
- Translated over 10 history Channel programs.
- Translated a project for Labor Ministry.
- Translated a video project for Army Aviation.